The Clarksville-Montgomery County Economic Development Council is proud to be Clarksville-Montgomery County Green Certified!
- Each employee has a recycling bin in their office for paper and plastic items
- Cardboard, plastic, newspaper, copy paper and aluminum recycling bins placed throughout the office
- Most newsletters, invitations and alerts are now sent via e-mail
- Little or no disposable plastic and Styrofoam is used
- Copy paper is reused whenever possible
Melinda Shepard, Executive Director with the Chamber said, “This is a great accomplishment for the EDC and I am so pleased to say that the Clarksville Area Chamber of Commerce is also the first Chamber in the State of Tennessee to be Green Certified.”
About the Green Certification Program
The CMC Green Certification Program is designed to help businesses learn and implement best practices in the area of environmental stewardship in an effort to sustain our community’s resources through a series of free workshops taught by environmental and other subject area specialists. The idea for the CMCGC Program originated from a Leadership Clarksville study group and is based on successful environmental initiatives that have originated globally.
If your business has an interest in learning more about the Clarksville-Montgomery County Green Certification Program email Michelle Newell at email@example.com call 931-245-1867.